A. Web browsing
B. Web navigation
D. None of these
Web navigation refers to the process of moving from one web page to another on the World Wide Web. It involves using various navigation tools and techniques to find and access the desired content on the internet.
Web navigation can be achieved in a number of ways, including:
- Using hyperlinks: Hyperlinks are clickable links that allow you to move from one web page to another. They can be found within a page, or embedded in text, images or other media.
- Using the address bar: The address bar in your web browser allows you to enter a URL (Uniform Resource Locator) to navigate directly to a specific webpage.
- Using bookmarks: Bookmarks allow you to save a link to a particular webpage so that you can easily access it later.
- Using search engines: Search engines such as Google, Bing or Yahoo allow you to search for specific content on the web using keywords or phrases.
- Using back and forward buttons: These buttons allow you to move backward or forward through your web browsing history.
- Using menus: Menus are often used to navigate within a website, allowing you to access different sections or pages.
Web navigation is an important aspect of web usability, as it can affect how easily users can find and access the content they are looking for on the internet.
Web browsing is the activity of exploring and viewing web pages on the World Wide Web using a web browser. It involves accessing websites, following hyperlinks, and interacting with web content.
When you open a web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari, you can navigate to a website by entering its URL (Uniform Resource Locator) in the address bar or by using a search engine to find relevant web pages. Once you access a website, you can browse through its pages, view its content, and interact with its features.
Web browsing can involve a variety of activities, such as reading articles, watching videos, listening to music, shopping, or socializing on social media platforms. As you navigate through different websites, you may encounter different types of content, such as text, images, videos, audio, or interactive features.
Web browsing has become an integral part of modern life, as it provides access to a wealth of information, entertainment, and services on the internet. However, it is important to use caution and follow safe browsing practices, such as avoiding suspicious websites, protecting your personal information, and keeping your web browser and security software up to date to protect against cyber threats.